Native versus non-native speaker?
You want a native speaker? Have two!
Some clients demand that their text is translated by a native speaker.
They, like us, believe that only a native speaker can fully grasp all the subtleties and cultural references that are embedded in a text.
Well, guess what? At Schrijf.be, you get your native speaker. And another one for good measure!
Native speakers: a unique two-tier approach
For each English translation you get one native speaker of the source language, and one of the target language.
- The first native speaker performs the translation into his mother tongue.
- He has the feeling and natural style needed to make your text sound like an original rather than a translation.
- The second native speaker is also a translator, but one who speaks the language of the original text.
- He understands all the subtleties and details of the original text.
- He compares text and translation to make sure that nothing got lost in translation.
- He also double-checks spelling, grammar and consistency in style.
This two-tier approach is unique. Translation agencies usually offer you one of the above translators, but never both.
Two native speakers: what’s in it for you?
- The translation reads like an original because it is written by a native speaker.
- Nothing gets lost in translation: all the subtleties and cultural references of your original text are respected as the text has been checked by a second person.
- Our translators use our English Style Guide to make sure that all texts are consistent in style.
- The persuasiveness of your message is preserved or even improved.